Kleanthis Vikelidis Stadium

The Kleanthis Vikelidis Stadium (Greek: Στάδιο Κλεάνθης Βικελίδης) or Charilaou Ground (Γήπεδο Χαριλάου) is a football stadium in Thessaloniki, Greece. It was built in 1951 as the home stadium of Aris F.C. (Thessaloniki), one of the most popular football clubs in Greece. For many years, the ground's official name was Aris Stadium, until it was renamed in honour of Kleanthis Vikelidis, a legendary player of Aris FC in the 1930s. However, most commonly referred to as "Charilaou Stadium", after the district in which it was built. The stadium's capacity was 23,200 although it got limited to 22,800 after the renovations for the 2004 Summer Olympics, where it served as a training ground for Football at the 2004 Summer Olympics. Its facilities include dressing rooms, a gym, a swimming pool, VIP boxes, a VIP lounge, a restaurant with pitch view and press rooms. The capacity of the stadium is 22,800.

Kleanthis Vikelidis Stadium
"Charilaou"
Public transitNea Elvetia station (2023)
OwnerAC Aris Thessaloniki
OperatorAris Thessaloniki F.C.
Capacity22,800
SurfaceHybrid Grass
ScoreboardYes
Construction
Broke ground1951
Opened6 November 1951
Renovated2004, 2019
ArchitectKostas Philippou
Tenants
Aris Thessaloniki F.C. (1951–present)
This article is issued from Wikipedia. The text is licensed under Creative Commons - Attribution - Sharealike. Additional terms may apply for the media files.